The EMAP Commission, EMAP & US&R Program Reviews Committees will be meeting the week of April 16th through April 20th, 2018 in Newport, Rhode Island. EMAP would like to thank EMAP Commissioner and State of Rhode Island Director Mr. Pete Gaynor for hosting us for these meetings in Rhode Island.
All attendees will be staying at the Newport Harbor Hotel and Marina. Meetings will take place in the historic Eisenhower House on the grounds of Fort Adams State Park. Ground transportation will be provided from the hotel to the Eisenhower House for meetings and functions.
The tentative agenda for the week is as follows:
- Monday, April 16, 2018
- Tuesday, April 17, 2018
- EMAP Program Review Committee meeting at Eisenhower House 8:30am – 12:00pm.
- EMAP US&R Program Review Committee meeting at Eisenhower House 12:30pm – 2:00pm.
- EMAP USACE Advisory Committee meeting at Eisenhower House 10:30am –2:30pm.
- EMAP Training for all EMAP Commission and committee members at Eisenhower House 2:30pm – 5:30pm.
- EMAP Networking Reception and Clam Bake for all EMAP Commission and committee members at Eisenhower House 6:00pm.
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018
- EMAP Training for all EMAP Commission and committee members at Eisenhower House 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Thursday, April 19, 2018
- EMAP Commission meeting at Eisenhower House 8:00am – 6:00pm.
- Friday, April 20, 2018
- EMAP Commission meeting at Eisenhower House 8:00am – 2:00pm.
- EMAP 15 Years of Excellence Gala at Eisenhower House 6:00pm.
Arrival and departure should be into Rhode Island via TF Green Airport - Providence (PVD – airport actually located in Warwick, RI). The attire for the week will be business casual. The EMAP 15 Years of Excellence Gala will be a black-tie occasion.
The Emergency Management Accreditation Program (EMAP) cordially requests that you save the date of Friday, April 20th, 2018 for our 15 Years of Excellence Gala. The Gala will be held in Newport, Rhode Island at the Eisenhower House on the grounds of Fort Adams. In addition to celebrating 15 years of Accrediting Emergency Management Programs and Certifying Urban Search & Rescue Programs, we will also be celebrating the Accreditation of our 100th Program! In light of this celebration, EMAP will also be honoring numerous individuals for their substantial commitment to our organization through the years. You are receiving this correspondence due to your significant role in EMAP reaching this momentous milestone and we look forward to seeing you in Newport this April. Additional information for the Gala will be made available on our website at http://www.emap.org as it becomes available. If you have any questions in the meantime please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to RSVP for the 15 Years of Excellence Gala please click here.